Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day Two!

I'm on a roll!

This morning I packed up the kiddos and we headed to church to work out with our friends.. who never showed up!! <----rude. I didn't want to go home disappointed so I worked out all by my lonesome.

:(     <----- sad face.

I cracked out my Jackie Warner DVD:

I whine a lot when I workout with her. My shoulders hurt... my thighs hurt.. everything hurts..

I did have to take a 5 min break to console a crying baby. Poor Jack-Attack figured out how to climb on the stage.. and fell off. Shame on me for not watching him closer!!

*note to self.. move all chairs away from stage!!*

After we regrouped at home, I picked up a different friend of mine and we went to the zoo again. We only stayed for a hour and didn't really walk around much. We stayed long enough for my friend to fill out her employment papers. We just played at the kidz zone.

I ate McDonald's after that.. probably not very nutritional.. it was GRILLED chicken though!! There was green stuff on it!! ...and mayo.. dripping from my chin..

*note to self.. find nutritional lunches that are full of fiber, protein, and other good stuff!*

After lunch I put Jack down for a nap, turned a movie on for the the other two, and hopped on the treadmill again. Same as last time: 4mph. I did great until I hit 30min. My legs were tired and my hips were burning again. I sucked it up for 15 more minutes then lowered the mph to 3ph and did a 5 minute cool down. I didn't reach the whole 60 minute today, but I did workout this morning as well so I won't beat myself up about a whole 10 min.

I did some research on google while I was on the treadmill. I googled "exercises for hip pain" and "how to strengthen hip muscles" and found this link:  Exercises For Hip Pain . A few interesting facts: "Building strength and increasing flexibility are two ways to reduce hip pain. Strengthening the muscles around the hip helps support the joint and puts less stress on the hip." They also give a few examples of some exercises that help strengthen the hip muscles like squats, butt thrusts, hamstring squeeze, etc. They also said to never give up! It's pretty informative. I need to google "how to stretch the hip muscle".. or youtube it.

I'm babbling...

Today's Workout:
30 min of Jackie Warner - Xtremer Timesaver Training
45min brisk walking on treadmill: 4mph/level 3 incline - 5min (3mph) cool down. Total: 50min
lots of stretching as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment