Sunday, July 24, 2011

Here We GoooooOoo!

A friend of mine had an awesome idea of starting a fitness blog. She could care less if people read it or not, but just writing everything down makes a HUGE difference. I completly agree! So here I go:

To catch you (or myself) up:
18 months ago, Jack was born. (My third child.) I weighed 156lbs full-term. When Jack was 4 months old I weighed myself for the first time post-pardum and I weighed 152lbs.

A whole 4 pounds less.

I was a tad bit depressed since the weight with Heath and Tori just "fell off" in a matter of months.
I started cutting down on food and made better food choices. Less beef and pork and more chicken, turkey, and fish. I ate more nuts, fruits, and veggies as well. Oh, and I drank LOTS of water. (I was nursing Jack at the time.)

My most important change: I found workout buddies!!

A few friends from church and I started meeting together every morning, M-F. Everyone brought their favorite workout DVD (i'll give you a list below) and we would pick a different each morning. (We also brought toys and games for our kiddos to play while we all worked out. FREE child care!)

Eight months later I dropped 31 lbs and weighed 125lbs <---- my goal weight! Whoo hoo!

TODAY:
I weigh 135lbs. I lost my motivation. I think it's because I reached my goal weight and figured I didn't need to workout or watch what I eat anymore. Oh i was wrong!

MY GOAL:
To get toned. I don't want to look "thin". I want to look "toned".
I would like to lose the 5-10lbs on my lower half *cough cough* WITHOUT gaining muscle.
I did a little research and found that the best way to do this is to run long distance on a LOW incline.
The little "problem" I have is running long distance with 3 kids! I do have a treadmill though, which means I need to wake my lazy-NON-morning-person butt up early in the morning and spend some time on the treadmill before the kiddos wake up.

Uggghhh...

^^^This alone is going to be the HARDEST "roadblock" to get by. I have never been a morning person. (I'm a huge hypocrite.. i wake my kids up during the week to get the day going. I don't let them sleep in. Ruuude!)
I need to find tips on how to wake up with a happy disposition. Any suggestions would be nice!!

My goal this week:
Wake up early (suuuuuck) and run for 45-60 min.
Do my regular exercise at the church every morning. (Even a 10-15min routine if the kiddos don't allow a longer one.)
Ready, set, GOOOOO!!!
---------------
Ok, here's the list of workout DVDS that we've used:

Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred  (A perfect one to start out with after having a baby!)
Jillian Michaels: No More Trouble Zone (My FAVORITE Jillian Michaels DVD. It's an awesome full body workout!!)
Jillian Michaels: 6 Week - 6 Pack (Love the ab workout!)
Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (Another keeper! My second favorite Jillian Michaels DVD! If i remember correctly, you don't use hand wieghts with this one.)

Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength (this one is tough, but worth it!)
Bob Harper: Biggest Loser Boot Camp (a moderate workout)

Slim in 6: Burn It Up, Ramp It Up, etc. (Another one of my favs!!)

Jackie Warner: Xtreme Timesaver Training ( L.O.V.E. this one. It's only 30 min long, but it is HARD CORE!)
Jackie Warner: Power Circuit Training (I'm a huge fan of circuit training.You conquer every portion of your body from a variety of angles.)

INSANITY (My all time favorite AND my least favorite. This one doesn't mess around. You don't need weights or any other equipment. It's just you moving around. You will definitely sweat with this one!)

P90X (I've heard huuge raves for this one. I do have to admit that I like it too, BUT i just don't have the time. Each DVD conquers a certain portion of your body and each DVD is approx an hour long. You'll need a variety of equipment: pull-up bar, hand weights, elastic band, yoga blocks, a chair, etc. Maybe I'll go back to it once all the kiddos are in school.)

WHAT ARE YOURS??
---

I'm going to keep a daily log of my workouts and thoughts. This is more for me then you readers, but I hope that you get something out of it. Have fun working out and keep me posted on your progress too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment